Hockey Trainers Ontario
This Policy describes the way in which we at Hockey Trainers Ontario (“We” or “HTO”) collect, use, retain, safeguard, disclose and dispose of your personal information that may come into our possession through your use of this web site and the services offered here.
- HTO maintains security measures at all levels designed to protect personal information in our possession to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorized disclosure.
- Collection and Use
- We will only collect information necessary for us to provide the services you request, including access to the information on this web site, purchase of the courses offered on this web site, access to the certification and re-certification tests, and information related to your certification status.
- We may also use information about user access to secure areas of HTO website. Information you are asked to provide during your use of HTO web site may include your name, address, e-mail address, age, sex. Certain information is required for certificate purposes and we will not be able to process your certification without it. It will always remain your choice to provide information in certain fields.
- We will use the personal information only for the uses specified above.
- You agree that the act of registering for our courses and for certification by us constitutes implied consent to such use of your personal information by us.
- If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of your information for any purpose, you may do so by contacting HTO Privacy Officer (address below) at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and by providing reasonable written notice.
- We may collect personal information without consent where reasonable to do so and where permitted by law.
- Your personal information will not be shared with third parties without your consent, and we will not keep your personal information beyond the time required for us to provide the requested services.
- HTO may disclose your personal information to a government authority that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where the association has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of an unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by the court, person, or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of the information or otherwise as authorized or required by applicable law.
- HTO may at its discretion release personal information for the purposes of collecting debts, which may be owed to HTO.
- HTO shall retain documents concerning registration, performance activities, discipline, events and honours and awards received for specific periods of time depending on necessity or destroyed accordingly when it is deemed appropriate. More specifically:
- Personal information will be retained by HTO for regulated time frames as requested by legislation governing its operation and/or the information provided, after, which time [unless consent is given to keep information for a longer period] the information will be destroyed in a secure manner.
- If there is no legislative requirements to retain other information it will be kept for a minimum of 24 months from the time it was provided.
- We will do our best to ensure, to the full extent possible, that the personal information you give us is accurate and up-to-date. You will have the ability to view and review data provided on your application for membership at any time through HTO web site by logging in to your account.
- A request from you to review information we may have about you other than what you can access by logging in to our web site will must be made in writing. We may request sufficient information to confirm your identity before releasing any personal information to you.
- We will implement such security safeguards as we deem necessary and appropriate to ensure your personal information is protected from theft as well as unauthorized use or access, disclosure, copying, or modification thereof.